June 2026 Author Updates
Hello all!
Can you believe it's the end of June already!
So, I guess the first thing to say is welcome to the new blog :) I have been meaning to set up a new blog for literally ages but I never seem to have the time! However, with the big relaunch ever looming, I guess now is the time.
So, I guess the first thing to say is welcome to the new blog :) I have been meaning to set up a new blog for literally ages but I never seem to have the time! However, with the big relaunch ever looming, I guess now is the time.
So what have I been doing in June? Well, honestly, SO MUCH!
Writing Updates
Ok, so June has been ridiculously prolific for writing! I have put 72,000 words on paper this month. Yes, even I'm staggered at that - that's almost a whole novel! Of course this is all unedited raw drafting but it's still insane. The main projects I have been working on are When Shadows Breathe which is another weird queer romance horror crossover which is set at the seaside. I'm not telling too much yet, but watch this space. My other WIP is as yet unnamed but I have been using the working title All the Pretty Demons. This one is an addition to the Infernal Candidate universe and features Vashi, a very jaded and done-with-everything demon and the newly fallen angel he's pretty much babysitting. I think we all know where this is going! Yes - dark, hot and spicy!
I have also been editing hard. I do outsource my editing these days but I'm also a perfectionist, so I do about ten passes of my own first hehe. So far this month, my priorities have been final proof-reads of The Infernal Candidate and The Ghosts We Carry. I think this is pretty standard when a new book is due out... and releasing two in one go was, well, it was a choice haha.
Don't forget - you can pre-order both of these on my Amazon page: HERE
I've also been doing the final pass on Satin and Smoke. This is my current obsession. It's werewolves again (I can't help myself!) but not the usual alpha male stuff - it's queer (MM), a true doomed love story with a drag queen main character and a werewolf-human half-breed who really REALLY doesn't want to become what he was destined to be. This one is probably ready for editing once I am done with this pass.
Photoshoot!
Another exciting thing that happened this month was that I did my
first official author photoshoot! This was with the fabulous Mckinnon Images (check him out on Facebook!)We didn't want to go far so went exploring around our
local area and found the incredible hidden gem that is Woodland Fort right here in Plymouth. Gorgeous place! The main building is done up as a community centre, but behind it are a load of old ruins, graffiti and tunnel entrances which were perfect for shooting the books - especially The Monster at Blakemore which is at least partially set in a series of old tunnels under the school. Honestly, I was stoked with the results! Look out for more pics from this shoot on my socials! You know where to go! INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK
local area and found the incredible hidden gem that is Woodland Fort right here in Plymouth. Gorgeous place! The main building is done up as a community centre, but behind it are a load of old ruins, graffiti and tunnel entrances which were perfect for shooting the books - especially The Monster at Blakemore which is at least partially set in a series of old tunnels under the school. Honestly, I was stoked with the results! Look out for more pics from this shoot on my socials! You know where to go! INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK
Digital Drawing
Here at Grissy Fox HQ we are refusing to use AI for book art etc - it's rubbish for the planet and it is the death of creativity. However, we are also skint and Instagram and bookstagram culture pretty much demands character art. The solution? I decided to teach myself some digital drawing techniques and do it myself! I mean, why not, I already do all my own cover designs etc so this is just another avenue to add to my list of skills. It's slow going but I'm getting some results I am happy with!
Comments
Post a Comment