July Updates
Hello, all! :)
It’s not quite the end of July yet, but I don’t have anything else booked in for the rest of the month, so I thought I’d update you all a little early!
It has been a quieter month in some ways, but there has still been plenty going on behind the scenes, especially when it comes to editing, artwork and preparing for August.
Book Updates
There haven’t been huge amounts of exciting book updates this month because I’ve mainly been editing the walls of text I wrote last month!
That’s just how it goes sometimes. Some months are all about getting as many words down as possible, while others are spent going back through them, untangling sentences, fixing things and wondering what on earth Past Me was thinking. The editing side is definitely less exciting to talk about, but it is a necessary part of getting the books ready for you all!
I’ve also been editing A Bargain of Thorns, ready for it to be given away for free as part of my Dedicated Reader Team promotion. Don’t forget, you can sign up now to receive free books! They’ll be arriving in mid-August to coincide with my relaunch, so keep an eye out for more details as we get closer. :)
I have, however, managed to sneak in a little bit of planning for something new. I’ve drafted some notes for my next project, and while I’m not ready to say too much just yet, I can give you two words…
Spooky circus.
Watch this space! :)
Art
I’ve continued designing character art this month, and I honestly feel like I’ve come on in leaps and bounds since getting a proper screen pen for my birthday! :D
It has made such a difference being able to draw more naturally, and I’ve been having a lot of fun experimenting with different characters, outfits and expressions. I’m still learning as I go, but I’m really pleased with how some of the latest pieces have turned out.
You can see a few of them in the banner for this post. :)
Signings and Appearances
Guys, I am back SO SOON!
My first book signing since returning will be on the 16th and 17th August at the Mayhem at the Manor event at Enys House.
It feels slightly surreal to be getting ready for events again, but I’m also really excited to get back out there, meet readers and talk about books in person. Hopefully I’ll remember how to behave in public by then. No promises.
You can find all the event details HERE.
I’ll also be giving a talk and taking part in a Q&A, so I hope you’re all prepared for some nervous rambling on stage from yours truly! I’m sure it will be absolutely fine once I’m up there. Probably. :D
I would love to see some of you there, so please come and say hello if you’re attending!
As ever - you can find all of my books on AMAZON in Kindle or paperback format.
Until next time,
Grissea :)
Comments
Post a Comment